Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Zone Conference..Oh The JOY!

So this week went by fast and slow...it was like waiting for Christmas...because we had ZONE CONFERENCE yesterday...man that's the highlight of the transfer. You go and get spiritually fed so that you can go and spiritually feed. What an amazing concept. :) We talked about using the scriptures and how that is the only way in conversion for anyone...when you read the BoM you feel the spirit and that spirit testifies of truth and the truth had to come from Prophet even Joseph Smith...it's all related. They are so powerful. President Brown (my mission president...who IS possibly one of the greatest people I know...fyi) said "if you don't have a desire to read the scriptures everyday...somethings wrong.." I agree...the theme of the conference was Alma 31:5 the word of God (or the scriptures) have a more powerful effect upon people than ANYTHING ELSE...that's power. We were able to talk about some scriptures that meant something special to us...so I stood up and said Mosiah 4:9 & 10....those are the ones I read at 15 years old during Youth Conference...I knew that the BoM was true and that I was living these standards that the YW teach me...for a reason not just because they are good guidelines. That is the point where I rededicated my life to doing and thinking with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ at the front of my mind. I'm not perfect AT ALL but because of the witness that came from that scripture I know Christ has helped me to be a better person. Think about a scripture that has had an effect on your life and discuss it with each other...it's amazing what stories come from it. Things in our area are going well. We talked to President about it a little bit and we're praying about what we should do so our area doesn't suffer since we have the VC still. We're actually so busy that our heads are spinning. But I'd rather it be that way than the opposite...which I know is hard for some people in other areas that need a teaching pool. We are going to start teaching some kids ages 12 and 10 who are moving to Colorado to live with their mom for the summer...so I was like "UMM what part?" they said somewhere I didn't know but I was wondering if MAYBE Elder Shaw could teach them..hahah...that would be amazing. You know what IS amazing..and I can't believe I haven't talked about this sooner...but Amber Astle (remember her as a Sister missionary in NC!!! We traded spots..) came to the VC to visit me and say hi...but I wasn't there...so she left me a note...and I think she's at BYU....so if someone wants to facebook her or something and tell her I said hi back that would be great. (I don't know if I wrote about this already so excuse me if I did) I know I haven't been writing people back...but I am so thankful for your letters...and intend to write you back asap...it's funny because Prep Days are some of the busiest times of the week. Although you block out time to play sports with your district and stuff...which is a must for me...I love sports! It helps me to get my mind on something else for a while and not always worry about what we need to get done...which is what Pday is for. For all the college friends...I need your home addresses now that you're going home! So that would be great..you can email them to me...I just can't email you back. Also Amie (yes you get your own shout out) a lady came in the VC the other day and said that I sounded like Jackie from that's 70's show...crazy...I don't hear it but that's just me. (she kept wanting me to say Kelso's name and stuff it was weird...) She's only the 2nd person to think it...but I was astonished when she said that because I didn't think anyone else would ever think that. :P Well that about sums it up. I love you and miss you. I hope all is well. I'll get better about writing back to people..I know Sis. Gruni wants to write letters next week so we'll have a huge writing fest. :)
Love, Sis. Page
Sis. Silverwings
Sis. Mouse

Ps. An Elder (Elder Shingleton incase you ever meet him...ahha) from Wilmington is going home in a couple weeks (he's actually the AP) and I was talking to him about people saying "you don't sound like your from the south" he's like "yeah you'll get that your whole mission" So I'm prepared for it. I told him I've been telling people that "They beat it out of me at the MTC...you see I was in there for 9 weeks learning English instead of just 3..." haha then I laugh and tell them the truth. It's fun. :)

No comments: