Wednesday, April 22, 2009

What Did I Even Do This Week?

Hello to all...and to all Hello! :) The days are running together a little bit. We are always running around with our heads cut off and loving every minute of it! :) We had a baptism of a little 9 year old girl named Taylor and her sister (who's 8) named Mackensie. You would be so impressed with these girls. They strengthened my testimony so much! Sometimes people wonder how Joseph Smith could be wondering such things about his soul at age 14 but I know from my short time in the mission that children even younger than that are wondering what they need to do to return with their Father in Heaven! Taylor wanted to wait for her dad to baptize her and her parents were inactive so that's why she was 9 when she got baptized and needed the missionary lessons as well. But when we came over, her and Mackensie (who didn't even have to HAVE the lessons) were excited, they read, and they remembered EVERYTHING that was taught. We told them that they only way to gain a testimony is by reading the Book of Mormon and Taylor said "well I already know it's true...but it's hard to read" She already had a testimony that it was true even before she could understand it. We told her to pray for understanding before she read and not to get frustrated (because she was getting frustrated...it kind of reminded me of me...) When we came back for our next appointment she said "I had a good attitude and I prayed...and guess what? I understood!" If a 9 year old child can understand the Book of Mormon and have faith that her prayers were answered...I know I can too...I know everyone else can as well. They were super cute kids and I'm hoping we can stay in touch for many years. :) We always talked about them going on missions...that would be amazing. Another investigator Stephanie who we put on date a couple weeks back (if you remember) will not be getting baptized this week...but she still wants to meet with us and knows she'll get baptized sometime soon just not THIS soon...if she doesn't feel ready we don't want to push her before she does. I don't want a baptism I want a convert! :) She's super in tune with the spirit and I know she'll figure out what's kind of holding her back. I wish Arin was here because they could be good friends...Stephanie is 18 and just graduated but I know they'd get along...plus Arin is just good a befriending people anyways. I was able to receive a note this week from the Holmes'! They came into the VC while I wasn't there...again. I was happy to get the note though...I put it in my journal...now it's a part of my mission history! WOOT! :) Though I do wish I could see someone I know...it'd be way awesome and I'd give them a super great tour too. So something I've been studying lately and giving other people to study is 3 Nephi 17...it's an awesome chapter...but it reminds me of Christ's love for people and the fact that He postponed things He needed to do because He loved the people. He still does that for us...our many prayers go answered...even the little ones...even when I'm sure He's got a lot to do! :) It reminds me to be like that. Even though we're busy as missionaries we can still show compassion for people. When we spend time with someone I hope they know we are giving them one of our most precious gifts and feel the love we have for them because of that. I'm glad I have this TIME to write you...and that you actually read what I write...it amazes me. I love you and thanks for everything that you do.

Love, Sister Page

ps. be thankful that you live on the east coast...here it takes 5 years to be able to feed the missionaries...crazy huh? I'm glad I got close to the sisters in the Matthews ward! Also I heard that Miss North Carolina won Miss USA...way to represent...now tell me does she have an accent? haha

No comments: