Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Gruni and General Conference

Okay here's the sign ;)....I LOVE MY NEW COMP! Sister Grunauer (Gruni) is her name and she's amazing. It's cool how differently you can love someone...and while I love Sis. Kohler...there's still a love for Sis. Grunauer in such a different way. She is from Austria (the same place they filmed the Sound of Music...so when you watch that...think of me!) and is the third to serve a mission out of 5 children. She's a lot of fun but very organized and goal minded. We plan everything...and me being a plan type person LOVES THAT! I know what I'm doing every time we go into a lesson and every time we aren't...hahah. She has many great tricks from being up north as a full proslyting missionary for 6 months...so it's really going to help Hurricane grow. (she's been out for a year...so there's no saying goodbye until October..ish) We are in the VC quite a bit more this transfer so it's hard to get out to our area or even make appointments while people are at work. We have been praying that our area will not suffer as long as we're obedient and serve as much as possible in the VC. GENERAL CONFERENCE! What an amazing blessing it is to have a Prophet and Apostles of the Lord speaking about what we really need to hear! They just KNEW! It was like they sat down and thought "now how can we help you Sis. Page??" and I told them and they answered. I really enjoyed Elder Holland, Oaks, Bednar, Teixiera and Perry's talks. And I loved the words of wisdom coming from Pres. Monson...that man is called of God and I don't know how any one can deny it. I was feeling frustrated with our VC sechedule and some other things but they talked alot about trials and afflictions...and it just hit me. I wrote down many thoughts on how certain talks applied to me. I am so excited for my book of GC talks Mom...that will be so cool to study them in an organized fashion. I can remember when I used to take things to "entertain" me during conference...like a book or coloring things...and how I didn't really pay attention...(which isn't bad when you're a kid) but I remember when I first started paying attention to General Conference was when Elder Bednar and Uchtdorf were called to be Apostles...that was when it clicked..how important these men are and then Elder Bednar spoke and he's been a favorite ever since...I just knew that what he was saying came from inspiration. I wish I had realized how awesome these men were while apostles like David B Haight and Neil A Maxwell were alive. I'm happy for Elder Anderson and recognize that he will rise to this calling...the Lord prepares His servants. In other news I was happy to get a letter from Sis. Shaw...letting me know how Elder Shaw is...and so I'm requesting to recieve both Elder's Shaw and Fischer emails and Elder Matthews as well if you have it...if you wouldn't mind forwarding them to me I'd appreciate it. :) It's so interesting to think that we grew up in the YM/YW together...and now we're on missions at the same time...some how I feel like could have been better friends...maybe when we get home. :) Things are going well here. I'm learning patience (aren't you happy Dad?? haha) and I'm gaining many friends.

Love you all!
Sister Page

No comments: