FAMILY and FRIENDS!
I know I know...I'm throwing you off with my irregular schedule...but I have Pday today because Sister Kohler has to PACK! At least I get to spend the last day with her...we're going to have a little partay tonight...that includes Kippers and crackers...which we eat and love so much...we even made up a song about them. :) I am STILL working on my tape...sorry...but it will be sent out NEXT pday which WILL be a wednesday.
My new companion will be Sister Grunauer from Germany. That will be cool to have foreign companion, I'll let you know how it's going next week. Hey mom...I'll wink once if it's good and twice if it's bad okay. Like this ;) means good and ;;) means bad! hahahahahha I'm staying in Hurricane which I suspected because they weren't going to whitewash again after JUST doing it. We are the first sisters to ever be in the area so they're just getting used to us...it'd be bad to try and mix it up too much.
We had most of our baptisms this week because this is the weekend that was the best for people's schedules and to get all of the lessons in as well. Some of them actually fell through because of family that couldn't come down and such so we're waiting a couple weeks. Next transfer is going to be full of baptisms if the Lord provides. He really has blessed this area and sometimes it feels that we can't give all of the attention to the area that we would like because we have to be in the VC sometimes but I know the Lord will provide...but I'm not saying it isn't stressful. AND next transfer my companion will be one of the Lead Trainers which are the head sisters of the VC...so she has more responsibility dealing with the VC which probably means less time in our area then I'm used to...I think we'll be okay. Maybe this will strengthen my testimony of the VC more...because let me tell you I looove to proselyte. I have a love for the VC but it's hard at times when you know there is work you could be doing in the area.
I served in the Brigham Young Winter Home yesterday. I saw a salsa red Toyota Highlander and thought maybe for a second my family might be there ready for me to give them a tour...but I knew it wasn't them..and actually it made me think more of how much they'ed enjoy it! I enjoyed it...and I'm learning more about Brigham Young. I think I have a sold testimony of Joseph Smith as a prophet but haven't taken the time to gain testimonies of the Prophets following him. (besides present day ones) I watched a video about some of the early apostles falling away from the church it's called "if they harden not their hearts" and it shows how valiant Brigham Young was! What an example of someone who stands up for what they believe in! This is on the Church History dvd's that cost 6 dollars at the distribution center. It has Wilford Woodruff's conversion story on there as well "a search for the truth" which is my favorite one. We were able to watch "Zion's Camp" which helped me understand what it was because seriously people talk about it like I'm supposed to know and never explain it. These are a great resource...buy them. It's a three disc set for 6 bucks...soooo good. I bet you can look on the church website for it online. :)
I have learned a lot from Sister Kohler and am excited to meet up with her after the mission (we're going to a Red Sox game together and many other things) and keep in touch while ON the mission. She's definitely a friend I want to keep. I will miss her.
Things are crazy around transfer times...but exciting too. I love this mission and the fact that I am coming to know my Savior so much more simply by reading about Him...I'm reading the New Testiment and though some of the things take a little more study to understand the culture of the people and asking questions I love it...and grasp the best parts. Christ was such an amazing example and teacher. In the General Conference coming up I'm anxious to hear what the Prophet and Apostles say that Christ wants me to do. I was able to hear part of Pres. Monson's address at the YW fireside...and I was just thinking "he is saying what Christ would say..." Prophet's are amazing. I'm so thankful to live in a time where they are present!
Love you all <--------------------------This------------------------------------> much!
Love,
Sister Page/Silverwings
ps. I got a "middle name" because the ward mission leader who gave Silverwings thought of another good name for me...so I'm Silverwings BurningRock. How often is it that people get TWO names. :) He said since Silverwings is the first one he gave me that should be my REAL one...but he wanted to let me know that of the other one. I'm glad because I really really like that name Silverwings.
No comments:
Post a Comment