This time last week was ZONE CONFERENCE! It was great...it was kind of funny because one of the 70 came and spoke to us...but it was the SAME 70 that spoke in the MTC...so I heard his conversion story twice which was okay with me. :) Then he gave us advice about how to find more people and teach more lessons. We're putting ourselves to a new standard. What's interesting is that we were in zone conference from 8:30am to 4:30pm and it didn't even feel that long! By the way I will never forget my first zone conference because I got sick...it was weird but yeah I got sick but after a while I felt better. I still took a lot from it.
So an old Ward Mission Leader of Sister Kohler's (from her last area) called because he needed to know our address (we told him just to send stuff to the mission office)...but anyway he gives names to all missionaries he meets. Sister Kohler's name is Sister Firestorm. And he even prays about the names...and references them to the Book of Mormon..pretty cool right? Since Sister Kohler was driving I had to talk to him on the phone...and he was really nice and funny. I told him I wanted a name too..so I told him a little about myself and everything so he said he'd get back to me. He came to the conclusion that I was Silverwings. (3Nephi 10:3) I love it! :)
This week I went to In-N-Out for the first time...and documented it by getting a sticker and saving my reciept! :) haha...The do have good burgers but I'm not to jazzed about their fries. I have to go back because I need to say I want it "animal style" which means they put sautee'd onions on it! WOOT! My favorite!
Also I had my frist baptism this week...she was already getting the lessons from the elders so we didn't really teach her that many times but it was awesome to see Ashleigh (yeah that's her name AND how she spells it) want to do what's right and get excited about it.
Okay HERE is the amazing day...and it actually happened in the Vistor's Center which I AM SO SORRY...I know I don't talk about that much but I do love it and really would love for everyone to come to St. George and take a tour...my favorite display is God's Plan for His Family. But what happened yesterday was during the morning shift and we were expecting it to be slow because it's a Tuesday morning...come on...but in walk 4 boys in their 20's from a bible school in Chicago. They wanted to just discuss doctrine and points of view. They also wanted to document the whole thing with video cameras and pictures...haha..which we didn't mind but kind of made me feel like a celebrity. :P They had some points of view that clashed with our but everyone was so respectful and asked good questions. We ended up talking to them for about 2 hours and helping them understand we are Christian and that we have the same organization that was set up BY Jesus Christ...it just makes sense! The authority that Jesus Christ gave to His apostles is on the earth again. We watched the story of Wilford Woodruff with an investigator yesterday and it just strengthened my testimony that we really do need the organization, ordinances, and authority in order to return to our Heavenly Father and His Son...Jesus Christ! I love this gospel and know it's true. It was great talking to those men...because it DID strengthen my testimony and allowed me to see that everything falls into place with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. After we talked to them they wanted pictures with us...it was fun..I felt like we could have been good friends. It was a great experience and hope to have more like it.
Love all of you!
~Sister Silverwings
No comments:
Post a Comment