There are so many things to say and I don't know where to start.
First I wanted to tell you a cool story from yesterday. I was serving in the VC and we were about to get off shift but we were just waiting for the other sisters to take over. A group of about four people walk in and I stand up and take them. I asked what brought them here...and I don't remember what the girl said that I was talking to because I got distracted by the fact that DAVID ARCHULETA was standing right behind her. I decided to be composed and figured if they were coming in the VC they wanted some kind of spiritual experience. So I asked if they wanted to hear the Christus narration.. they asked if it's the same one as in Salt Lake...I said "yeah but I get something out of it every time I hear it.." they agreed and sat down. I told them that as they listen they should pick out a line from it that they found meaningful...and not the last line because everyone picks that...and so afterwards I talked about what line meant something to them. They all went down the line. David said he liked a part that says "walk in the meekness of my spirit and you shall have peace in me" then we started talking about the nail prints in his hands and feet and how he kept those. David (yeah we're on a first name basis) said "I was reading about the 3 nephites the other day about how they are immortal but don't have the full ressurection yet...so maybe those will go away on Christ during the ressurrection." We had a little discussion about it and I was thinking 'YES A CELEBRITY THAT READS THE Book Of Mormon!" He was so nice. So then Sis. Kohler comes up and asks their names. She turns to David and says "I recognize you from a picture she has" pointing to me. Yes I have a picture of him because Valerie my room room mate from BYU-I sent me one of him and her sister at a fireside. So I said.."let me explain..." hahaha and then told him that. Then that allowed everyone who'd been talking and giggling to come up and get pictures with him. I did NOT get a picture. I didn't have my camera...but I did get a hand shake...and he even asked if I wanted a picture but I think it was okay that I didn't...he didn't have a lot of time and I still have the memory (I wrote it in my journal) so it's okay. I have told so many people about it. Sis. Kohler was so impressed with how nice he was and talked about it more than I did. Sometimes I tell some of the sisters and they don't know who he is because he became famous while they were on his mission...or because they're from a different country! haha Sis. Kohler said to him before he left "keep being a good example...you're doing a great job." I think he needed that. :)
On to other things. We went to the Draper Temple Dedication. It's SO awesome. I am happy we got to go. I've been really excited for general conference so this kind of was a snack of the Prophet before that...just to hold me over. :) They talked a lot to the youth. I have always known the importance of the temple because people stress it a lot when I was in youth and my parents helping me understand. But if I knew then what I know now...I would stress so much how important it is! Keep yourself worthy to be able to go and recieve the blessings that are waiting for you. If I could say something to my 12-18 year old self...I would say "You don't know now...but the blessings of going to the temple are some of the most amazing things you will recieve. Going there isn't just about how pretty it is...or for getting married. It's about finding out who you are and what you need to do to prepare to meet God again. That's the purpose of this life..."this life is the time to prepare to meet God..."(Alma 34:32) and it's only through the temple that we can prepare. Make sure you don't place less importance on it for any reason. It is the house of the Lord."
There's a movie we show in the VC called "Only a Stonecutter" and it's about the man who despite tribulations walks to Salt Lake (22 miles) every day to work on the temple, at the end of the movie they say "He wasn't just carving words...he was setting in stone what it was that motivated him to act...Holiness to the Lord." Shouldn't that be EVERYONE's motivation? Why do anything for any other cause? I love the temple and really enjoyed going with my district last week. :) We get to go once every transfer so I'm happy I will still be able to feel of that Spirit at least every 6 weeks.
Other news this week: Stephanie (one of our investigators..18 years old) is GETTING BAPTIZED!!! She's thinking April 24th would be perfect. We are so excited...because she's definitely one of our favorites. Last night we didn't really teach a lesson because she had questions about death. Her friend had just died in a car wreck and the funeral was that morning. We had told her about the plan of salvation but she was wondering if God had done this. We talked for a LONG time. By the end she felt better and we asked her if she'd like a blessing of comfort. She was hesitant saying "Maybe when I'm feeling better." Sis. Kohler told her that she'll feel better once she GETS a blessing...so she agreed. So we called doo doo doo dooo...(that's like the horn for the heros...hopefully you get it.) ELDER DIZ DIZ and NASIMENTO! :) We called and told them what the situation was. They had an appointment but said if it fell through they'd be there. So we talked some more...and I believe the Elder's appointment fell through by divine intervention. They came over and gave her a blessing. I knew she'd like it! She's always so in tune with the Spirit! She asked right after "how long do you have to wait to get another blessing??" and then she got their phone number so she could call when needed. haha Then her little sister (who is a member) said "how old do you have to be to get your patriarchal blessing?" and we were saying when ever you feel it's time. We explained to Stephanie what a Patriarchal Blessing was and that it's basically scrpiture for your life...for you...and you alone. She liked that idea...and asked "do you have to be baptized to get that..." and we said "yes." She says.."hmmm..yeah I'm going to have to do that." We were like YESSSSS! We had planned on asking her to pick a date that night and she basically did it for us. :) I mean if you know the power of the priesthood and have felt the spirit and believe that Joseph Smith restored Christ's church...why wouldn't you get baptized. I asked her what had held her back...she said. "myself." We still have some principles to teach her so she said she wants to learn more first...which I can understand but I told her let's set a date and prepare to have you ready by then...she said "how about a month from now?" So that's what we did. I'm so excited.
I was able to give a talk on Sunday along with Sis. K. But some mom's who had missionaries out spoke too...and they read some of their missionaries letters...and I thought "I hope my letters are that good." haha I don't if I sound that diginified...but I'm okay with that. I'm just me and I have MY expereinces not someone elses.
I really do love and miss everyone. Many hugs to all of you!
Love,
Sister Page
No comments:
Post a Comment