Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Coming to an end?!?

Hello to all! Well my MISSION isn't coming to an end...but the transfer is in a couple weeks and that means my trainer Sis. Kohler is leaving. BOO! That's the end of that I won't talk about it the rest of the letter...after this paragraph. It keeps coming up in convos around the VC and in our area and on pdays. Ugh...I know I'll love all of my companions but will I love them as much as her?? I don't know...we'll see. I've been thinking a lot about the future and what it holds seeing all of the things my companion has gone through and her awesome stories. I'm exicted to have those experiences. (dare I say good and bad...yes..opposition in all things) I never realized WHY general authorities tell us to write in our journals until I came on a mission. It's not just for posterity...it's for US! We need to see how we grew...or didn't grow...how we can connect to different people with empathy instead of sympathy. I have a lot of experiences that maybe I wish I hadn't had because they hurt or were hard but I have a testimony that what I ever happends to us is to help us later on in life! We will meet people whether on a mission or not, that need that experience we had so they will know how to act and can seek advice from someone who's been there before. My journal I keep now is not the most detailed but it allows to me to look and remember. Even if I only have time to write an outline of the day I can still remember what was said and what important thing I need to remember. I've always been a journal writer but I think I did it because I truly enjoyed it...but I still have to refine how I do things and what are the most valuable to write in it. It allows me to see times I relied on my Savior more and than times when I didn't and the blessings from doing that. I also stick little things in it...like gum wrappers that belong to some really nasty gum that help me remember mine and Sis. Kohler's reaction to the nasty gum and there I've got a funny story. I love my journal and I definitly know why we are asked to keep one. Today...was pday (yeah you already know that...)...and I'm writing a little bit later than usual because were able to go to Zion National Park! It was cool. (I took my tape recorder too..more details to come when I send that off...when that will be I'm not sure..) We hiked a mountain (mom you would have died..teehee...)don't worry I tried not to think about the hieght at some of the parts too...I was like "I'm scared I'm going to fall..." and one of the Elders named Elder Sellers said "one step at a time..." and I don't know if he realized how much I appreciated that. It was encouraging and caring...I was still nervous but a little more confident. People really do try to act more like Christ when they're on a mission without even realizing it. We really do have a great district! We got some great pictures..it was so pretty. After this transfer I'm going to put MTC and Transfer 1 pics on a CD and send them home...woot! Oh and I wore my Boston Redsox hat on the trail..it was sweet and I looked really cute..haha. :) (yes..I have Boston hat...one of the Ward Mission Leaders gave it to me...it was so nice of him...we really appreciate these men! Also I made a Redsox blanket...I heart it so much!) Sister Kohler and I make sure to ask for a phrase in portuguese every time we're around our District leader and his comp...they're always teaching us stuff. It's fun...I like to learn how to say hello and such in different languages too. Heavenly Father really loves all of His children EVERYWHERE! I just know that when there's an article about another country in the Ensign or the New Era I'm going to pay more attention. You will meet people from all over and you wil find they are the same as you because you have the gospel in common and that's all that matters. I love talking to others from different countries and see how they live life and what they're culture is...I'd like to travel when I get older...as in after my mission...although I have an idea of how things are going to work out once I'm off my mission..haha but that's neither here nor there...it's good to plan though...that's what everyone always says..planning is the key. haha I really enjoy the VC...some days are slow but when that happends we get to know other missionaries and senior missionaries better. Anyone thinking about serving a couples mission..DO IT...we love them! Sis. Kohler wrote poems about all of the missionaries on duty the other day..it was pretty fun and cool to see..I'll recite some on my tape. I have yet to write one about her...we'll see how that goes..I'm usually better at prose..wow that rhymed! :) Something I've learned from Sister Kohler is figuring out everyones love language...everyone has a love language...and when she realized mine..it really helped me unlock some things about myself. It's good to look around and how people act and react to each other and know what means the most to them. My love language is "words of affirmation" so when someone just plain out tells me how they feel or what they think..I appreciate that MORE than gifts or acts of service.I was like YES THAT IS TOTALLY ME! So when people write me letters...that's like straight to my heart because I react best to words. So I thank ALL of you who have written me and made my day a little brighter. (I'm not begging for mail I promise...I just love it though!) Sis. Kohler is words of affirmation too so we work well together because we can just tell each other "I love how you do such and such.." and then we feel I guess validated. :) Or we'll be silent and Sis. Kohler will ask "how did I bare testimony to you today with my actions.." it helps her to hear what I think and realize things she doesn't notice on her own. I love good questions and good discussions...yes...I just love words. As you can tell since this email is like a billion miles long. The mission is great...I think we're going to have 10 baptisms...ish...we'll see...our goal was 12 but we feel if we set the goal at 10 we'd have 8...so we're doing good. I love you...miss you...and appreciate ALL YOU DO!

Love, Sister Page

No comments: