Monday, August 03, 2009

Miracles. Transfers. The Greatest Work.

The end of the transfer is tomorrow...and Sister Harwood and I....ARE STAYING TOGETHER! Thank goodness. It's like when I'm with a companion I don't know who else I'd rather be with anyways so I'd rather just stay with them. I knew our time wasn't up. We had things we were working on that probably could have fizzled out if we had changed companions and we really (or at least I) have things the she could really help me with in the long run. So we're happy and excited and have things we are looking forward to.
So story: You know Scott who is the recent convert that is really awesome? Well his younger brother Michael has been taking the lessons. He's 13 (see I don't remember if I told you all of this...oh well) but he's 13 and really funny and sometimes doesn't take things seriously but he really does seriously want to get BAPTIZED!!! WOOOOOOOT!! We have been making sure it's not just pressure and such...it's not...we really can feel his conviction and desire to get baptized. I love it. So that's the one thing to look forward to this transfer...among more things which we can't even expect.

Another story: Karen and Carlos....this last thursday were married and baptized on the same day. The ward was fantastic! They even got this photographer who is in their ward but is also one of Utah's top wedding photographers to take pictures for them.

Anyways it was amazing...the whole wedding and baptism was about working toward the temple in the next year. They even went to the Oquirrh Mountain open house the next day with some other members and they loved it. They are the best people I've met who knows what it means to endure and have faith. Great examples that I will want to stay in touch with the rest of my life. :) They made goals yesterday of what they will do to get to the temple in the next year. Yup I'm basically going to their sealing...hahaha.

We also had a cute 9 year old get baptized. He was so excited about the gospel and said he wanted to get baptized as soon as possible. He was such a smart kid too. The sad thing is we don't get to see him again because he lives with his mom in California...sad day. But I know great things will come to him. :) The best part is knowing that he understands the promises he's made by getting baptized.

So we ended up with 5 baptisms this transfer. One short of our goal, but pretty good considering how the transfer started. Miracles I tell you. They're amazing.

Now we just need some promising new investigators...that's the miracle we'll see next.
The work is great. We taught a class in church yesterday about the Spirit World...of course it turned into missionary work...I had heard people say "this is the greatest work in the world." and I while I believed them I don't know if I took it in until we were talking about the spirit world yesterday. If we don't enjoy sharing the gospel in this life...we're really not going to have a good time in the next...because that's what it's all about. This really IS the greatest work we can be doing. I love it. Missionary work has changed my life in so many ways, including the fact that my dad was changed by the gospel. I know that if he hadn't joined the church my life would be so different. I'm so thankful that he typed his conversion story for me and that I get to share it with people more accurately now....it was an amazing experience to be able to read it. The Spirit was very present as I read it...I couldn't put it down. Thanks Dad...I love you!
Love, Sister Page

No comments: