Monday, August 24, 2009

Spiritual Individuality

There are many things I could write about. There is too much..I'll sum up.
I made a new study journal. Yes...I changed it like 5 times but I finally made one. It goes along with Preach My Gospel. Each chapter has it's own tab and I'm going through the whole thing and writing impressions and such as I go. Also, I have a section for questions people ask. (and I realized that am getting more questions to add faster than I can answer them...also having access to LDS.org would be helpful but it's cool to rely solely on the scriptures for answers) And another section for meetings. So it will be SWEET when I get back.

Speaking of meetings. We had zone conference last week. One of the 70 (Elder Nielson) came and talked. Also, we had a Q&A...so that was cool. The thing that hit me the most was how to recognize the spirit. Sometimes I think I just get so used to having the Spirit with me that I don't realize it's there. The 70's wife said "The spirit is like breathing...we don't notice we don't have it until it's gone." Plus we're blessed to know that if we are trying our hardest to keep our baptismal covenants we can have the spirit to be with us...we are promised that every time we take the sacrament...we we should never just think that we don't have it when we're worthy of it. :) It was awesome. I also got to see my good friends...Sister Burningham. We're pretty certain that Sister Harwood will be going back to St. George next transfer so we're planning on Sis. Burningham to come up to Lehi....okay it's just plans but it could happen.

Also, I'll be sad to have Sis. Harwood leave...we went on exchanges this week. So I went to American Fork for 24 hours with Sister Sommerfeldt. It was a good experience but I can see how Sis. Harwood and I have grown into knowing how we do things and things we want to progress in. It's just how things go when you're with one person 24/7 for 2 months straight. We have gotten to a comfortable level with each other and know how each other will respond to things. It's been really good and I love Sis. Harwood...we'll have a lot to do when we get home from the mission. :) But I did have a good experience going on exchanges for the first time in my mission. It's cool to see another area and how others do things so you can get ideas.

So the wind has been crazy here...I feel like my car door is going to rip off everytime I get out of the car...I'm not used to that. It's been interesting..but it gives us something to talk to people about. We talked to these two boys at the door yesterday about EFY and I was like "oh so that means you have the new EFY cd..." they were like "well we have 4 of them...you can have mine.." so he runs inside to get it...and voila...we have the 2009 EFY cd....how awesome. :)

Yesterday there was a temple dedicated. The Oquirrh Mtn Utah Temple. It was cool. It's my 2nd temple dedication since my mission...crazy awesome. There were a lot of cool things said. One things said by Elder Bednar really stuck out to me. "Your spiritual individuality is the ONLY individuality that really matters" I feel like people (myself included) try to define themselves in an outward way but the thing is Heavenly Father knows us...and how different we all are...and I don't have to have certain kinds of clothes, hair cut, or any other "look" to show other how different I am. It's awesome. :) I love Elder Bednar.
I love missionary work.

 I LOVE YOU! Love, Sister Page

No comments: