Monday, December 07, 2009

It's beginning to FEEL a lot like Christmas!

Aloha!
Okay so I maybe I wish I was in Hawaii...it's getting pretty cold down here. It reminds me of a NC winter..no snow just cold..like 45-50 degrees...but with out the humidity! (which yes...I still miss)

Justine and Moser update...they are doing well. I didn't think Moser was too into the lessons because he's really laid back. I wasn't sure how he felt about everything. But the other day we were teaching and he said "well I want to be baptized." So he's on DATE for Jan1st! WOOT! He has to stop smoking but he said he can do that by Christmas. So I think it's going to happen. We taught the Plan of Salvation to him and talked about the resurrection which he thought was AMAZING that everyone...no matter if they did bad or good...will have a perfect body forever! Also he liked the different kingdoms we can go to...and now has an understanding of why we go to the temple and why we feel so passionate about it! :) He's doing great. Justine has already quit smoking and is so ready to be back where she used to be but knows she needs to wait. She hasn't been feeling well lately so sometimes we just teach Moser.

We had our last DTM of the transfer this week and had a testimony meeting. I felt the spirit so strong and it just spoke to me. I realize that this mission is NOT about me! It's not...and I have to have that pounded in my head over and over...but really this is the one time I need to be thinking of others and what they need. I mean I should be like that in life but even more so on my mission. From this time forth on my mission I will go with out if necessary to bring the work forward. It's not natural but it's necessary...and honestly it makes me feel better knowing I'm helping others. I will sacrifice to be able to help those I teach and serve with.

So transfers came and guess what...I'm staying in my area...and Sis. Stafford is leaving. I'm getting Sis. Morris (who was also in the MTC with me...) CRAZY! She's awesome. I'm excited to play basketball every morning...haha. We'll work hard together. It will be great. I love you all. Sorry this is so short. Not much time. But thank you for your love, prayers, and mail.

Love, Sister Page

No comments: