THANKSGIVING!!!!!!
Here's the play by play:
Woke up at 6am:
* We attempted to do a turkey trot with our zone...but we ran out of time so we drove up half the way to what is called Dixie Rock...and walked the rest. Some of the people tried to run...but it's sooo steep...so I walked briskly. It was fun. We got up to the top and chilled with the zone (well part of it..) and watched the sun rise. Then we got back down and walked to the cars again. We were in the car and all of the sudden it dawned on us...and we all (there were 5 in the car 3 sisters 2 elders) started saying "HAPPY THANKSGIVING!" It was funny. Then we went home and got ready for the day and studied as usual.
Left the apartment 10am:
*We had it scheduled to play games with the zone from 10-12:30ish. We got there and played Volleyball...Sis. Stafford doesn't like it so she sat out. I played for 30 mins because we wanted to play kick ball at 11. So I played even though I stink at it...but it was fun and I even spiked a ball on my zone leader who is very tall and really good at volleyball. haha It was the highlight for me. Then we started rounding people up for kick ball..and it took some time because people were trying to decide. In the end we had a good group come with us. Sis. Stafford,since she's the one who wanted to play the most, was a captain and picked mainly sisters for our team so....we lost! hahah But it was okay. So much fun. I was shortstop for a while just to show Jeter how it's done (even if it was only kickball and not baseball...I don't care). But then I got switched to first base...it was all gravy. After a lot of people had to leave we had to call it quits. So 5 of us played world cup with the soccer ball. That was a lot of fun...but now I remember why I didn't stick with soccer...I'm just not good..ahaha. I don't care...all was fun the whole day!
Left the activity at 12:30pm:
*We had one dinner..thank goodness. (We know missionaries who had 3 or more) We had it with an investigator. There are 3 nonmembers total...and they're awesome. Krista is 20 and wants to be baptized and lives with her boyfriend Matt...who is taking the lessons but is not ready for baptism yet. (We need them to get married or move out but that's a different story...) Then Krista's dad Mike is not a member either...and is not interested in baptism but is one of my favorite people ever! I think he'll get baptized one day...he's such a good guy...he just loves to golf and fish instead of going to church. haha The way they got started hearing about the church was Krista's brother..Mike (jr) who was baptized during his senior year of high school...went on a mission...then then got married to the girl who introduced him to the church. He is awesome. And a great support for them. You can see how the gospel has blessed his family that he's starting now. We taught a lesson a couple days later with them..and asked him (Mike jr...aka Michael) to share how he feels about the Holy Ghost...his explanation was awesome. He said "we have a tendency as humans to seek out what pleases...whether it's right or not....but the Holy Ghost allows us to fight against those desires and become better than we would be on our own.." there was more to it...but it was amazing.
We also had a good conversation with Mike (sr.) and he said "I know the mission is to help other people...but don't be afraid to let it help you..." So true. Even if I didn't try to have the mission help me...it would...it HAS! He's a great guy.
Oh the food! It was good. The dressing was really good...and all topped with gravy! Oh and mom they had flaky biscuits...and sent us home with some. :) They had this really good drink kind of like PawPaw's Punch but it was raspberry...and good too.
Left the Duthrie's at 3:30pm:
* We weren't allowed to spend all day with the same people so we went home and wrote letters. It was good since last pday we didn't get a chance to. And it was nice to relax.
Left the apartment again at 5:50pm:
*We had the shift at the VC that night. It was good. People came in thinking that the Christmas lights were coming on that night but it was actually Friday. So they weren't wanting to stay if the lights weren't on...haha. By the way..the lights look awesome!
Anyways thanksgiving was amazing. I got full and enjoyed every bit of it. Food, family, friends, investigators, and games! LOVE IT.
Love you all...I'm thankful for you,
Sister Page
No comments:
Post a Comment