"Somedays we forget to look around us...somedays we ignore the joy that surrounds us...so caught up inside ourselves...we take when we should give...so for tonight we pray for what we cannot see and on this day we hope for what we know can be...it's up to us to be the change and even though this world needs so much more...there so much to be thankful for..." (~Josh Groban Christmas Album)
MAN I love that song. It's so true. We take when we should give. I know in my darkest moments it's easy for me to close up inside myself and only see my problems and what I'm going through but that allows the darkness to fester and grow...but it's only when we look to others in that time that the darkness escapes outward and light can enter in. I recently read an article by Elder Bednar called The Character of Christ. (look it up...soo good!) He talks about how in the deepest of pains Christ was going through He always thought of others. In many instances of His life this happened. After His 40 day fast Christ was tempted of Satan and He (Christ) had just gone through this very hard experience but upon commanding Satan to depart from Him...in the JST it says Christ knowing of John the Baptist in jail..and Christ sent Angels to minister to Him. Christ could have thought 'I need the Angels more...DO YOU KNOW WHAT I JUST WENT THROUGH?' but He didn't He turned outward and helped someone else.
In this Thanksgiving season and through our lives let us look outward. We may have problems, hurts, heartache, or tragedies that we must overcome...but if we allow the Savior to take over and we turn outward...we will be able to bear what ever burden is placed on us. And think about it if everyone did this then on one would be in need of anything. In that time when you are trying to comfort others...would it not be fitting that there will be One trying to comfort you...whether through the Spirit or another person I do not know....but it will be there. Reach out. Show thanks. Be an answer to someones prayers.
I'm so thankful for many things this season. I will list a couple. I'm thankful for:
*Turkey (turkey cassrole, turkey ala-king!, turkey sandwiches...)
*EggNog (try Soy Egg Nog...it's not as sugary but it's amazing!tastes exactly the same...)
*Christmas songs!
*That my hair is really looking good curly again...
(Okay on to serious stuff...but really my hair has been really awesome. haha)
*My family: the support they give me and the unconditional love I feel from them. I love you! Never forget it. Seriously.
*The Mission I'm on...the people I associate with and have made lasting friendships that I wouldn't have made if I hadn't come here...with other missionaries and the wonderful people I teach.(oh how I LOVE the people I teach) How much I've learned about myself and who I want to be. The knowledge that this is the greatest work I will ever do. "Shall we not go on in so great a cause?"
(by the way...there could be sub-categories for each of these things)
*The Book of Mormon: I know it is true...it answers the questions of the soul. It contains the fullness of the gospel along with the Bible. The amazing examples that come from it. Captain Moroni is my hero.
*The Prophet...Thomas S. Monson: we NEED a mouthpiece of the Lord to lead and guide us and I know it's no easy job. I'm thankful he was worthy and up to the call.
*My Savior: words cannot express the feelings I have for Him. The One who has never let me down nor disappointed me. He has felt all of my pains, sorrows, and mistakes. He knows me...and loves me. I'm thankful for His great sacrifice that all mankind can benefit from. It is amazing and can't believe how infinite and eternal it really is.
I love this season...that it brings us back to what's important.
Oh remember, remember.
Love,
Sister Page
No comments:
Post a Comment