"St.Geezy, St.Geezy...you'll always be mine!" Such a true statement! I was on the transfer van at 6am and I also was the only sister being transfered at that time so I had to sit in the front while the Elders sat in back and could relax and lay down...I tried to sleep but I ended up only sleeping for like 20 mins. It snowed hard core. I was thinking to myself "perfect time to leave up north!" haha. We pulled in
actually on time...though we left late and hit snow...and I was greeted by so many sister's hugs and excitement. It was like coming home. I saw Sis. Harwood who I'd only been gone from for 6 weeks but I had missed her. I saw Sis. Grunauer who is now back in Austria! I can't believe her mission is done. But at least I got to say goodbye. I saw Sister Charette (from Quebec) and so many more....then I saw MY COMPANION...Sis. Stafford. We knew we were going to have a blast together...and man we have! I laughed harder in the first two days with her than I had in the last...well I don't know when. It really felt like home then because I laugh for ridiculous reasons all the time.
The stakes I'm in is Sunset, St. George, and GreenValley...and I have met a couple of the people we're teaching but everyone and their brother has been canceling on us...excuses. The first people I met in our area that we're teaching is Krista and Matt...they're not married yet...but they have a cute little baby and Krista is so ready for baptism...she wants to get married and then get in the water. Matt knows all of this is true but hasn't even been to church...so we're working on it. I'm excited to teach them!
We did have a baptism (I don't like when I don't even know the person...but it was okay) and it was the funniest story...we didn't have a car (we share...that's something I miss about up north) and we didn't have a ride to get to the baptism...so what did we do? WE RODE BIKES! First time on my mission...it was fun, at first! Then it was a looooong ride. And we had to hurry. I was so far behind Sister Stafford and she kept having to wait for me. We got there and my head was spinning from riding so hard...my hair was matted to my face...and I was beat red. I was not presentable...but it all worked out. We took our time coming back and it was down hill so that made it better. Riding a bike in a skirt...not too easy. Needless to say...we took pictures. hahaha We were late to the baptism but they had waited and were waiting on more family too. I laugh now but then I was in pain! hahahahahaha
I do miss Lehi...but in funny ways. I still talk about Marcos and other people we were teaching all the time...they were such good examples of how the gospel can help people! I miss the Maloy's (the people we lived with) they were awesome....and so loving. It was amazing getting to know them. I've been blessed by getting to know so many amazing people on my mission. I love it!
Sister Stafford and I just fell back into where we were at the MTC...but it's been better because we've both grown so much! It's pretty cool to see. The area we're in now just needs a little boost and I'm working on reorganizing some paper work and such...so I can find things and my way around. haha I ask the Hurricane sisters how the area is all the time too...what a great place for me to start my mission off.
I hope all is well for everyone! I love you all.
As Always, Sister Page
No comments:
Post a Comment