If you know me at all...then you know that I love making lists...so guess what time it is? LIST TIME:
1. Justine and Moser
2. Random Flu-ish Thing
3. Brigham Young Home
4. Zone Conference
1. Before I ever came to this stake Sister Stafford and her previous companion had a referral for this less active lady Justine and her non-member husband. They'd called and set up a time to meet with the missionaries...but it always fell through. Well we were supposed to meet up last monday but they went hiking in Zion National Park. So a couple days later we decide to stop by randomly and finally catch Justine at home. She's happy to see us and weclomes us in. (Moser was job hunting) She told us their story...they live in Salt Lake but over the years had gotten deep into drugs and couldn't quit on their own. So finally they asked for help and moved away from their druggy friends to St.George. They've been going to the 12 step program and have been clean for over 60 days! Now Moser wants to join the church and has taken lessons before but needs a refresher course...so we're going to start teaching them. At the end of the conversation the lady that was giving us a ride asked what her maiden name was...and Justine said "Harding" and I asked
"what's your parents names"
"Jeff and Karen"
I gasped! and got so excited! Jeff and Karen Harding were two of the most generous people who gave us rides, meals, and helped fellowship a family we were teaching in Hurricane!!!! They have sense moved but man did I love them! Sis. Harding would tell me about her struggling daughter and didn't really know what to do for her...she asked me to pray for her...and I did...many times. What a testimony to me...PRAYERS ARE ANSWERED! They are. Period. The spirit whispered to my heart "this is why you're here." And I know it's true. It's fitting that the missionary who got so close to her parents and that her parents trust is teaching their daughter and son-in-law! I'm so thankful for the opportunity!
2.So on Friday night it was so random. My back started hurting...I got a scratchy throat, I had the shivers, and my head was pounding. I went to lay down for a little bit...it didn't really help. When we got home from the VC I just got in my pj's and laid down. I took my temperature and it was 100 degrees! Sis. Stafford made me some herbal tea and Sis. Harwood gave me some nyquil. Then Sis. Stafford gave me an icyhot patch for my lower back. I was out! I slept so good and when I woke up I was a little slow going but I checked my temperature again...95.7....what the heck?? It was gone. I'm so sure that Heavenly Father blessed me again! Wow...what an incredible week.
3. It was good that I was feeling better because the next day we were serving at Brigham Young's home...and we knew there was a mission president's seminar going on...and they came to the site!! Guess who came with them? Elder D. Todd Christofferson...this is my second time seeing...he must be following me...ahah just kidding. But THIS TIME...he shook mine and Sister Stafford's hand! Asked where we were from and he's lived in both Charlotte and Virginia!!! I said "so you're an east coaster then..." and he said "I'd still be there if I had a choice..." hahahahah It was awesome. When they got done with their executive tour he came back out and we got pictures with him!! It was cool. My first time shaking the hand of an Apostle. Sis. Stafford and I were joking around about never washing our hand...but with the flu and me just being sick...we decided other wise. :)
4. Zone conference was good yesterday. All about how we're going to start having Jr. and Sr. companions starting this transfer. This is the only mission that didn't do that...so we're starting it. I think it will be good. We stil don't know who's who...but this is what we say when people ask us who's who "we work together in complete unity" and can I please give some advice to you members out there. Us missionaries love you but please don't ask that...and don't ask how long they've been out. Some missionaries don't care if you ask...but most hate being reminded that it's going so fast. The question is...why does it matter how long we've been out? It doesn't. :) But it was a good meeting. I love zone conference but I think y'all already knew that.
I love you! Thanks for your letters...I always enjoy more.
Love,
Sister Page
No comments:
Post a Comment