Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Our Savior's Love

Merry Christmas to all!
Let me see...what even happened this week? Well it doesn't matter because I'm going to just talk about our Savior in this letter this week anyways. We had zone conference yesterday and as usual it was amazing! Those are always revelatory meetings. We talked about Ether 3:14 (which is fitting because I'm in Ether in my personal study anyways!). So we talked a lot about Christ...how he prepared for His mortal mission because He was chosen from the foundation of the world. Pres. Pitts asked "who do you think He went to for advice?" We listed the obvious "Heavenly Father." And then someone pointed out "the noble and great ones." And Pres. Pitts agreed with that and he said, "I believe some of the Noble and Great ones are right in this room..." I was thinking 'woah! How could I have helped the Savior prepare for His mortal mission?' but it's amazing to think that we could have been honored with that privilege. I also thought what trust Pres. Pitts puts in us! He's such an amazing man. Then we just talked about Christ. When we are in a meeting where Christ is the center of the conversation I can feel how true the gospel is...and how real Christ truly is too. Christ really did live on this earth and He lives today. He guides us in all things and makes it possible to bear any burden placed on us. That is what makes Christmas so great...it wasn't the fact that He was born...it was what He did during His life. We're thankful for His birth because we see what the end result was! Oh how I know that the Savior knows and loves me personally. I know He felt everything I have ever gone through so that He could personally succor me (Alma 7:11-12). And succor means to run to...and I know He runs. I love Him. That is why I'm out here in the Utah Provo Mission...because I owe my Savior EVERYTHING. I have been reminded over and over again while on this journey that my mission and my life...is NOT about ME! (I believe I've shared that with you before) But I know it's it not...it's about Him. I thought it was about the people I'm serving...but even when I serve them I glorify Him. There's no way around it. It's all about Him...and I'm so thankful to be a part of it.

There so much to be thankful for...and I can't even express all of it. But know that I'm thankful for all of you and love and care for every one around me.

Love, Sister Page

I wrote in my planner one of my favorite quotes from conference: "Though we are incomplete God loves us completely. Though we are imperfect He loves us perfectly. Though we may feel lost and without compass God's love encompasses us completely." ~Pres. Uchtdorf

No comments: