Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Have a Nice Nice Nice 2010

I'm not sure who all on the list that my mom forwards my emails to knows...but I just got back from North Carolina a week ago. I can't even believe it's been that long already. I don't quite know how to say things like this...so I'm just going to put it out there. But on Dec 21st, my dad died. There it's out there. And the funeral was held on Dec 28th. I don't want to dwell too much on this subject...for any questions you may have feel free to ask my mom. But I am now back in Utah and serving the rest of my mission until July!

It's been a weird process leaving and coming back...and getting back into the groove of things. But it was actually good that we had a holiday come up pretty fast after I came back...I think I needed it. On Dec 31st we had a baptism. A 15 year old girl named Tylisha! She's from Kansas but her mom lives here...and she's awesome. She was one of those people who was prepared. On sunday when she got the Holy Ghost she bore her testimony!!! She didn't know quite what to say but she said things like "I want to help spread the church...this is something everyone needs to know about!" She already gave us a number of her friend so that she could start the lessons in Kansas. It was a such an amazing baptism and confirmation. Her brother had joined the church just last summer...so now they can go to church together.

For the night of the 31st we went to a members home with our district. We played games from 5-10:30...and watched the Emperor's New Groove. :) So much fun. It was almost illegal. haha We also played Ninja...I taught them how...and you should have seen some of the Elders lunging for people's hands. haha

Then the 1st was like a pday...we went ICE SKATING! It was so fun. I hadn't been since I was 12. Amazing. Then we ate out. WE still had to work at 6pm...but we were in the VC.
All in all things were good the past week. We had some fun but now I can get back to work! We have a baptism tonight! woot! Love it! I love the gospel. It really is the happiest thing I have ever done.

Love, Sister Page

No comments: