Monday, January 18, 2010

Birthday, Transfer Calls, Year Mark!

So much has happened this week that I can't even think of where to start! You will notice that I am emailing on Monday instead of Tuesday...this is because it's TRANSFER WEEK! Yep...and I have to go up to Provo...I'm not being transfered up there but I have to go to a trainers meeting. I'll be back on Wednesday! I'm follow up training a sister that just came down here last transfer. Her name is Sister Mosley and she is childhood friends with our very own Staci (Aci) Place!!!! We had talked about it already and Staci had told me to look for her..but what are the odds that I'd help to train her. She's super cute and excited. I think this will be a great companionship. I'm moving to her area, Washington and Buena Vista Stakes.

So I'm in the process of moving. I have 1000 journal pages (it's like writing in a yearbook...we give them to missionaries who are leaving and stuff...it's just for fun but sometimes there's no time!) to write and I'm writing my whole MTC district for my year mark. So I have some things to get done.

Let's talk about my brithday! It was awesome. We got up and played basketball...(I heart basketball!) and though I wasn't too good it was fun. Then right before we were leaving one of the Elders said "hey we need to talk to you." and he's a zone leader so we thought something was wrong...and then all of a sudden the Elders sing "Happy Birthday" to me. :) It was nice of them, plus they're pretty good singers. Then I get back to my apartment and find sisters decorating it! It was so nice and one of my really good friends (Sister Jensen) made up a song for me to the tune of Ladies Choice on Hairspray! It was cute.
Then we got ready and studied. We went and did some contacting and talked to a lot of people and set up appointements. Then at 12 we went to The Olive Garden for my bday lunch. Sister Harwood, Havron, Dunn and Morris all were there. We had a lot of fun. Then the people came and sang Happy Brithday to me too...because Sis. Morris sneak-ily told them and they gave me a little cake thingy with a candel in it...so I was able to blow out some bday candels. We went to an appointment we had after that...and contacted some more people and then have the VC in the evening. So it was awesome. Sis. Prince (a senior sister) made me my very own ICE CREAM CAKE! (Ash, Arin, Andrew..SPICY COW!) It was so good. I got a lot of cards. And my Narnia CD came that day along with my mom's letter! Woot. Good brithday..I'd say. I'm offically 22 and counting! haha It's hard to believe I'm in my 20's ...heck it's hard to believe Ashleigh's in her 20's.

I got a little book from Valerie (my former roomie) and it has Mickey Mouse on it...I don't know why but I felt compelled to do something special with it. (you know how I love paper). So I made a new "fun book" with a couple of different sections! One is "things I want to do before I die"...or my offical TO DO list...they are things that I could actually accomplish...so I'm really going to work on it when I get home. Should be fun...if any of you want to join me in my list...help me add things!

I'm so happy to be here on my mission...among people who care about me and really show that charity that I came searching for in the first place. They're such great examples to me.
I have learned more about the Atonement then I ever thought possible in this transfer...I keep thinking of a song from the Nashville Tribute to Joseph:
"And how could He know the heartache I feel when He lived a perfect life. From Gethsemane to Calvary was it really for me that He died? Then the Spirit whispers these words ringing true..from the garden to the cross..He walked a mile in my shoes!"

He truly did! I love Him for it. I love this work. It has taught me so many amazing things. I will continue to serve Him for all of my heart, might, mind and strength for the next 6 months! I can't believe a year has passed. What an amazing year it has been.

Love, Sister Page

No comments: