SO...I'm now in Rexburg! I bet you figured as much. :) The drive out here is a story in it's self...but it went well and I am so thankful for Maryanne Harris for giving us a GPS....man it saved us a couple times. I do feel more experienced and confident in driving now. It was fun to have Arin with me and taking turns driving and being co-driver. We'd read The Secret Journal of Brett Colton and change CD's over and over. Mostly listened a lot of Mika...we still can't get enough of him. Unfortunately we were really bad at taking pictures of our trip out and documenting everything. I think Arin has more pictures than I do.
Well we got here with my roomie and friend from the mission Kristin Havron. She followed us out from Tennessee. She's been a great roomie and we're planning on rooming together next semester too. We are alike in a lot of ways and it works to our advantage. It's so fun because we can talk about the mission a lot and not get sick of each other talking about it too much. My other roommates were people we just met this semester. I tell you have I lucked out a lot but I know Heavenly Father places you in people's lives for a reason...and my roommates have become great friends and people I'd love to keep in touch with. We've gone Latin Dancing, had a nerf gun war, and danced to a bollywood movie called Dhoom 2. I just love them.
I had a great summer...soaking in my family and kind of being lazy. I think school was what I needed to get me into gear. It's been a stressful but fun semester. I don't even know why I'm up instead of sleeping or getting some sort of homework done. I guess I just needed a release. :) I am on the down hill of my college experience and it's kind of a weird feeling. I have two semesters after this (I'm staying winter and spring on fast grad hopefully) and then I'll student teach in the fall! I made a life decision the other day...I had to sign up for student teaching and there were several places to choose from to student teach in and I could pick three...my choices went like this:
1.Salt Lake City, UT
2.Las Vegas, NV
3.Boise, ID
I was wondering when we'd find out if we got the one we wanted...so I asked someone and she asked "where did you ask to go?" I said "Salt Lake" and she said "oh you'll definitely going to Salt Lake then..." so it's pretty much a guarantee. I'm excited for new adventures and I can't wait to student teach. I went to Salt Lake last weekend and I could really see myself there...it just feels right. I really just want to be able to focus on teaching and no other classes. I'm doing a preschool practicum this semester and I wish I could devote all of my time to it but I have 4 other classes to worry about. I have decided that also when the time comes I really want to homeschool my kids until the age of 8! It sounds fun and I've been educated to do it so why not? I mean then they can get a little more home time and then go off on their own...
By the way one of the classes I'm taking is an acting class...and I LOVE it. I was nervous but I really like my teacher, classmates, and how I get to express myself in different ways. I don't know if I'm "good" but I love that it's beginning and they don't expect much yet. :)
So life is good. I have been having a great semester. I went to a mission reunion last weekend and General Conference...but that's for another entry. I need to get to bed.
You Can Be Happy if You Let Yourself Be,
Arica
3 comments:
I agree about what you wrote at the beginning no one "really cares" about what you write on your blog! I am the same way, i really just have my blog for my own reasons and it doesn't really matter if anyone looks! Esp since I personalized it. It is just fun to have besides facebook!!!! But I CARE about you arica page!!! I miss you and I am happy that your having a great time out there!
Love your blog. It is nice to be able to keep up with you. We really do think of you as a member of the family. We love you and look forward to seeing you again soon. Thanks for the plug in the lower corner - but really we just love doing what we can.
Yay!! SLC! So excited to have you over for dinner and games. That's right. Since you will be close, you will have to come over.deal? Sounds like you are having a blast. I am so happy for you. Please, keep blogging! Hugs,JL
Post a Comment