Friday, January 27, 2012

Children Ask the Wisest Things

There are some funny things that kids say and being at my job it's been one of my favorite things to report back to my family. But there are other times where they say something profound that you didn't know you needed to hear.

Tuesday
Mood: flustered
Health: Poor-coughing, sore throat, headache, dizziness, sniffles

In the middle of these two things I was taking care of 18 children. They take a daily nap where  the teachers can break each other and go get lunch. When I was about to leave, one of my cute little boys (2 and a 1/2) wakes up and says: 

"Miss Arica, are you happy?"

I stopped to think about it. In that moment I was not acting as if I was happy. I reflected on his question as I went to lunch and felt the sunshine on my face. I concluded that even though I didn't feel well I had plenty to be happy about. I started to count my blessings a little more and could answer with an honest, "Yes" to that little boy when he asked again later. I'm pretty sure Heavenly Father wanted to remind me of all that I have.




No comments: