January 13th:
I went in to work to sign my papers for my new job! YAY! What they didn't tell me is that they wanted me to stay and work...ummm okay. So I did, but got off early so that I could go to get SUSHI with my mom and brother. We went to New Zealand Cafe. I quaint little place that is hiding the best sushi ever.
I had unagi (eel) of course...my fave. It was called the caterpillar roll, so this is what it looked like.
It was divine...man just writing about it makes me want some more.
We were in the car and I said, "Now for something sweet!" And my mom took us to a cute little frozen yogurt shop called Sweet Frog:
It's just a like a place in Rexburg called Kiwi Loco...so I was excited and kept comparing everything to Kiwi Loco. We even had a stool shrinking race like back in the college days...oh those days. :)
January 15th:
We celebrated my birthday as a family a day early because we wanted to allow the whole family to be there. We had Pollo con Crema, 24 cupcakes (um...yeah that was on purpose), and homemade ice cream! STUPENDOUS!
This is was 24 Years looks like....
...pretty spectacular if I do say so myself.
I received a Kindle as my birthday present from everyone. I LOOOVE IT! I'm reading on my hour lunch break every day and finding all the good books out there. I'm so excited.
January 16th:
MLK Day...also known as My Birthday! But I had to work from 9am-6pm. I was grateful for my job but it landed on a day when everyone was home and could CELEBRATE with me. Oh well...we went out to Showmars that night and hung out together...it was an amazing time to celebrate my two dozen years.
I really am thankful for the people who called, texted, facebooked, and took me out to dinner! I am so lucky to have a great family who knows me so well and works to show me how much they love me.
If You Let Yourself Be,
Arica



No comments:
Post a Comment