A day in the life of Sister Page and Sister Felten.
5:50am-wake up early to go play basketball with my district...let me tell you I'm getting pretty dang good...I think I need a little coaching because I understand how to play but not the logisitcs of how to control the ball and such...I have so many things that I want to develop when I get back and not enough time to do it. I want to: act, play the piano, get better at basketball, and write a book! Okay tangent over.
7-10am-get ready and study. We've been really good about using study time to plan our lessons and use scriptures, stories, questions that would apply to them.
10-12 we try and look for service...or do service! We may also just knock doors...it's hard because who knows if people are sleeping and no one likes to be woken up...so if they come to the door all tired they don't really want to talk to us. ANYWAYS we work.
12-1pm lunch!! Usually a smoothie, sandwich, or chicken nuggets. Lately I've been addicted to mandarin oranges! yuuummm. Sis. Felten will have a salad WITH croutons! And we usually read mail and tell each other funny things from the letters we get...so send me something funny to talk about. ;)
1-2pm is our slow time but we get to know neighborhoods and walk around to talk to people.
3pm is usally when our lessons start. Usually an 8 year old that has parents who are coming back to church..they don't count as a new investigator but they do count as someone coming closer to Christ. :)
4pm- school is out YAY! Then our day picks up. Lesson with kids who just get out of school usually. We teach a lot of kids 10-12...so it's fun! But I think I told you that. haha
5pm-Dinner...with a member. We cover 3 stakes so each ward only gets us 2 nights every 3 months! Sad...I'm glad the sisters were over 2 times every WEEK! haha Fun stuff.
6-9pm the busiest time! We do most of our teaching and it makes for a good end of the day to keep us on a spiritual high!
9-10pm planning! Then we relax and get ready for bed.
DAY IN THE LIFE...don't you love it. :)
We gave 2 talks yesterday...one was about member missionary work..yes..again...but talks are always different no matter how many times you give the same subject. :) I was testifying about the Atonement and I just realized HOW much I appreciate that sacrifice! I realize it's NOT just about being sorry for something we've done...but it's about changing. The Atonement allows for change...and I have truly seen that change in myself. I'm not the same person I was back in January. I hope that change is ever lasting...and it can be if I allow the Atonement to do that for me. This week is my nine month mark...and I can't believe I'm almost half way done with my mission. It doesn't seem that long...but on the other hand it seems like a really long time. It's been a great opportunity for me to grow and learn and HELP others. It's true that as you take the time to serve others (like Pres. Monson said) that we really find ourselves. I have found myself...and my initial quest to be a more charitable person is starting to take effect. I love to serve...and I love to work. I am so greatful for the power of the Atonement that can CHANGE our lives in any aspect that we allow it. All we have to do is ASK and then BECOME! It's a common theme in the gospel...it's not so much about doing...but becoming. I love that.
I love this gospel! It's such great news.
Love,
Sister Page
ps. Marcos is getting baptized on Nov. 28th!!! and last night he said he knew the Book of Mormon is true! :) WOOT! I LOVE IT!
No comments:
Post a Comment