Monday, October 05, 2009

Partial Week Update and AMAZING Investigators

The week has flown by. I don't even remember what happened...let me look back in my planner:

Monday: We teach a lot of children 9-12 years old...and we are racking our brain with a way to teach AND entertain..well we thought of a good review game...JEOPARDY! Dude...they love it. We played Restoration Jeopardy and all of the kids are excited to test their knowledge. They don't even ask if there's a prize. We are doing it for the next 2 lessons as well. So we started that on Monday....and we started making Plan of Salvation this morning.

Tuesday: ZONE CONFERENCE! Yes...my favorite time of the transfer (one of them...there's so many favorites) We talked about D&C 93:36 about light and truth and intelligence. It was deep...but soooo good. Here's how I broke it down: "The glory of God is intelligence or in other words light and truth." This is what my talk was going to be about if I had to get up: In Abr. 3:22 it talks about us being intelligences...that's what our spirits are made of. And if the glory of God as stated in Moses 1:39 is to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man....than we are God's glory. We glorify Him. Light and truth are more names for the Savior. The only way for us to glofiy God is through the light and truth of Jesus Christ. So in other words Christ is the glory of God because with out Him we (intelligence) can't do it on our own. We went into more detail about it...but I don't have my notes...it was good. What President Pitts said was that through light and truth we bring knowledge to our investigators and in that sense Glorify God.

Wednesday: We had some good lessons. One was with Jared and we committed him to stop smoking FOREVER....and asked him to fast the next day for strength. It was a powerful lesson...we felt the spirit very strong.

Thursday: While the kids are in school and parents are at work...we have to find people to talk to. We had a couple of pretty funny things happen as we did this...we went to contact someone...who we thought was an older lady and we knock on the door and a younger man comes to the door instead....in a yellow tanktop, and BOOTY SHORTS! How cow it was weird to see a man in those. He asked us to come back later...so we left...but we couldn't stop laughing. Then we went to some apartments to just meet people and the first door we knocked was a member and we just chatted for a bit and left. Sister Felten and I walk away and she tells me...."umm her husband was in the back room with the door open...BUTT NAKED!" we just busted up laughing. I don't know why the door was wide open to his room but she said he was just standing there....I'm so happy I didn't see anything. hahahah We still randomly laugh about that. Then we went to another door we've been to before but never caught at home. Sis. Felten rang the doorbell and after wards the bell looked like it was going to fall off...so she tried to fix it...instead it fell to the floor and crashed into pieces!!!! Then the lady was walking towards the door...and Sis. Felten scooted the pieces over to the side of the patio. And we just talked to her and everything...and then again laughed after we left. So it was an interesting day.... I'll skip to investigators because some were on more than one day...so here's the...Investigator Update!!!!

We had Marcos (MS...if anyone wants to know if when your muscle atrophy and your body hurts really bad...if anyone knows more info I could use the help)...but Marcos basically wants to be baptized...and he watched the Priesthood session and other parts of general conference...he said "I want that power to do God's work..." talking about Pres. Eyring's remarks in the priesthood session....he's so awesome. I'm excited to get to a point where he knows enough to that we can have him accept a baptism date. :)

We also had Jeff. He's newer...but on the third time meeting with him...he said "after I take all of these lessons...can I get baptized?" Ummm YES! So we just smiled a lot and said yes...and then answered questions and yeah..he's progressing so well. His fiance wants to be baptized too. Can I tell you that we were leaping for joy after that lesson. General Conference was AmAzAzInG....and I couldn't get enough. I'm so thankful for a Prophet and Apostles who really know what I need to hear. So many great talks...and I can't wait to read them next month in the ensign. Anyone want to share what their favorite was?

I love the mission. Hard times no doubt but I love how it helps me grow.
Love, Sister Page

No comments: