Monday, October 12, 2009

Progressing

This week was really good...our teaching pool is progressively going up and I'm super excited about the work we're getting done. We've been going through our old potential investigator sheets and writing them according to ward and really getting a lot of things compiled. It's cool to be in one ward and something will fall through...we just turn to our book and look for other people to talk to. I had something like that in Hurricane and I've missed it.
We had weekly planning on Friday and planned for 27 lessons with a member present...umm crazy! We averaged about 14-15...this week we had 17 and planned for 21...so it's going up...I think we could make it happen. We're planning on splits this week...and when that happends it means you're busy. :)

We got a couple new investigators.....one is Tyler...and he's 12. He wants to be baptized and do what's right so bad. He just needs some direction. His mom grew up a member but her mom changed to Baptist when she was 14 and she just joined with her....but now she has a desire to come back. YIPPEE. Tyler had been talked to before about taking lessons but his parents were reluctant. We went by and talked to just him and he said he'd talk to his parents. We followed up in two weeks and talked to his mom and she said "yeah he said he's ready so when can we set up a time??" Dude...going back to people's houses is effective...really follow up so people will know you really mean what you say...it's been a cool experience.

On the flip side we've had a couple doors slammed in our face this week...that doesn't happen much but it has like 3 times in the past week or so. At least we know they're not interested and that it's not them giving us the run around. I can't imagine being in a different mission where people don't know who you are but see the tag and are plain rude.

Marcos update:
He's progressing fast. He went to church again...this time with his whole family. They talked about the Spirit World in the gospel principles class...and discussed work for the dead. *BING* a light went on in his head...he LOVED that we remember our ancestors. He said "they're gone but not forgotten...and they all get a chance" He's ready and now we're all praying about a day he could be baptized. He keeps talking about Henry Eyring and how he wants to do God's work like him...it's cool to hear your investigator talk about an Apostle like that. It's been a cool experience and I'm happy to be a part of it.
The weeks have gone by so fast...I can hardly believe it. Next week is the last week of the transfer.

I just want to tell all of you...that I know that this church is true. No doubts. I feel like Satan is forever attacking the work but I'm not letting him in. I'm so greatful for the power of the Spirit and that when there is light there is no darkness. I know that the power of the Atonement covers all of my flaws and more...Jesus Christ's ultimate sacrifice was the greatest act of Love and I want to show others of that love they can feel. The peace and joy we can be filled with is so overwhelming and satisfying..and it's because of the knowledge we have. I know that the Book of Mormon holds that peace and joy of the Spirit and THAT is how we can feel it. I love the gospel. I will forever be a missionary.

I love you, Sister Page

No comments: