This came while I was driving in the car with my mom. Any time I drive my mom is still a little nervous. That's with any of us kids. I noticed that she didn't think I was going to stop in time for a car that was slowing down. Then I had this thought.
Even though I knew I was going to stop and that my foot was on the brake even before she started worrying about the situation, she needed reassurance. So the next time I was slowing down I made sure to tap my brakes a little sooner for her comfort.
I likend this to relationships of any sort, romantic or not. Sometimes we know that everything is fine, things are in control. But our friend, coworker, loved one; they don't know how we're feeling. They're not sure everything is okay. We have to give the relationship brakes a little tap for comfort. We just need to let them know that we are there for them from time to time. It just helped me to see that's why we surprise people in little ways; giving a present, a hug, a note, or an act of service....all of these are pressing the relationship brakes...letting them know we're still good.
Make Someone Happy Today,
Arica
1 comment:
Arica - You are loved by your Shumway family and we miss you SOOOOO much! I told Loren that I miss hearing your laugh coming from your room as you were skyping with friends or family. You have THE best laugh. Love you!
Post a Comment